splinters???

i just noticed my son has like 5 or 6 little splinters in his hand. probably from our back porch because he's always touching the wood. but he won't let me take them out with tweezers. a couple of them are a little red and im worried that they are getting infected. i was thinking of doing it while he's sleeping. any other suggestions?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 5:15 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you may have to wait till he's sleeping. have you tried some tape? if their not too deep you can put a peice of tape and pull it off fast like a bandaid.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 5:31 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I may know how your kid feels. We have a climbing cactus on a tree in our backyard and it flowered lately. Needless to say, these flowers fell and brought with them lots of stickers...Of course, my 3 year old stepped on them. He screamed out "Don't cut it" when I came close to his foot with the tweezers. He really thought I was going to cut him. Once I explained otherwise, he finally relaxed...Time and patience will finally prevail. Good Luck trying to make your child understand some things...TTFN
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 5:45 PM on May. 22, 2009

• soak him in the tub until he gets all rpuny and then dry him off and try to get them out with your finger nails or use some tape. If that doesn't work then wait til he goes to sleep.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:00 PM on May. 22, 2009