POTTY TRAINING DISASTER................................

My daughter is 21 mnths old and we started potty training. A few weeks ago she loved it and would tell me when she had to go sometimes very rarely but she did. Now, she only says toilet after going on herself. Its so frustrating. I'll sit her on the potty for like fifteen minutes she'll get up says she doesn't have to go and five minutes later she pees on the floor. I don't put her in diapers or pullups unless she is going to sleep. Sometimes, I'll say come on lets go to the potty and she won't want to. I'm so confused and lost!! Any advice.

Erica0821

Asked by Erica0821 at 5:31 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do NOT give up! You can do it and so can she! If she shows the signs and you give 100% time and attention you will do it. If you go back to diapers, you just showed her it is OK to go on a diaper! I think this will confuse her! It might be a choice for some parents to do it later because it is hard to potty train and may not have or want to give the time to do it.But I think if you already starded and she showed signs she could do it, you can't give up!
    Granted, I am no expert, but I have an opinion just like everyone else! You know what they say about opinions...they are like. %#@&*...everyone's got one! LOL
    Hope it help!
    Good Luck!
    Nmom777

Answer by Nmom777 at 12:16 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Try buying her some "big girl" panties and keep them on during the day. Mistakes are bound to happen, but some day success! Put her on the potty as often as possible, and make sure to ask often if she has to pee. Trial and error may be your only answer, but don't give up and don't let her feel you've given up or she may as well. When she's ready, she'll surprise you Mom!
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 5:38 PM on May. 22, 2009

• She's still very young
    Anonymous

• try keeping a record every time she pees write it down.you will be surprised how they seem to keeep a pattern like they might go at 10:00 every morning find out times and try to stick them on the potty abouth 5 min. before that time and try to catch it,thats how i did my kids and it worked well .good luck
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 6:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• don't worry she will get it just like everyone else. she is doing just fine. praise her every single time she goes to the potty.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 6:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Just becuase your ready for her to use the bathroom doesnt mean shes ready to. She might have done good because she seen how happy you were when she went. If you really want her to start using the potty you gotta devote yourself 100%. Do nothing but potty training but my personally my daughter is 27 months and I dont feel theres any rush when shes ready she will let me know.
    dgrovetti

Answer by dgrovetti at 7:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• That's the problem! I feel like I might of started her a bit too early, but she's showing all the signs of being ready. I'm scared to stop now because of the confusion it might give her.
    Erica0821

Answer by Erica0821 at 8:48 PM on May. 22, 2009