Changing ur babies diaper after you JUST changed it...

After you change your babies diaper do u notice that they pee again once u put a diaper on them?

Well my question is, do you take that diaper off that you JUST put on them? Or do you wait a while longer to change a peepee diaper?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 5:41 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wait about a hour unless it's poopy
    Anonymous

• i change again i dont want her getting an infection lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:45 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It depends on the age. When my son was a newborn, I changed him more frequently or anytime I noticed that he had a wet or poopy diaper. I had those diapers with the line that turns blue when the diaper's wet, even if it was just -slightly- wet. I think it's just a way to get parents to go through more and buy more newborn diapers! I've gotten rather laid back about this. No, I don't let my son sit in a wet diaper all day, but I usually wait at least three hours before changing diapers (less if it's very wet). If it's poopy, I change it immediately. Plus it's exhausting and expensive to wrestle with that child and change his diaper every time he sprinkles
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 6:16 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i would wait and change until it feels rather full. as long as its not poopy. but my liitle one is a big peepeer. i go through about 6 wet ones a day, he is 6 months old
    mom2sweetestboy

Answer by mom2sweetestboy at 6:33 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My son goes through about 6-8 diapers a day because he pees all the time! If i changed it every time he peed I would go through 100 diapers in 3 days!
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 7:23 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't change it right away, they make diapers now a lot better than when we were kids and they pull the pee away from the baby so unless you have lots of money to spend on diapers, I would wait a couple of hours, unless poopy of course! Never fails as soon as I put a clean diaper on my daughter she poops in it! I think they know and do it just because they now it frustrates us parents! lol!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 7:38 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I cloth diaper the old fashioned way so I just change it when he gets mad that he is wet. But always immediately after a poopy diaper. Sitting in that is just gross.
    Anonymous

• I change him as soon as he goes. SOmetimes I change him twice in 5 minutes but at least I know he's dry.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:02 PM on May. 22, 2009

• When my daughter was a newborn I would change her every single time she peed or pooped, whether I just changed her or not. But now, I let her pee til the diaper is almost full. If she poops right after I change her, I wait about 15-20 minutes to change her, because she usually isn't done pooping right away. She fooled me several times before I caught on! She would poop a little, so I would take off her diaper and before I could get anything under her, she would poop all over the changing table. I would clean that up, then put a fresh diaper on her, and she would poop more. One time I went through 4 diapers within 5 minutes because she kept pooping lol. So now I wait 15 minutes after she poops, just in case!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• The times that my son pees right after he's been changed I absolutely change him again. Even when I diaper has just a little pee in it, the baby's skin is a bit damp & damp skin leads to diaper rash. It may mean that I go through a lot of diapers some days but it's worth it to keep my baby comfy, dry, and diaper rash free. I was the same way with his older brother too.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:21 PM on May. 23, 2009