extra money opportunities

I am a teacher and work full time as well as being a full time mom. I am looking to supplement my income by working at home as well. Are there any work at home type opportunities that anyone knows about? I have read about such jobs in the back of parents magazine for example but I am cautious about the validity of the jobs. Is anyone in the same position and have you done something like stuffing envelopes or the like? With the tight economy every little bit helps. Please share your success stories with me.

Thanks.

polishprincess6

Asked by polishprincess6 at 6:06 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Actually, what about tutoring?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Our company has a wonderful compensation plan. You can see a complete overview and make a decision like I did. My link is http://www.evelyn1.fourpointmoms.com We provide your online training and 3 free websites plus a personal mentor. It is the best way I have found to work from home with your children by your side.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 8:42 PM on May. 22, 2009

• tutoring is a GREAT way to earn extra cash, plus you can do that right from home.. I know some women that do it full time, and actually made more tutoring than they did in the school.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home article on eHow.   They contain excellent resources, ideas and links.  I am sure you might be able to find something you would enjoy.  You can look at them in my Journal here at Cafemom:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1396278/Work_at_Home_Article_Series_on_eHow

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:15 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Summer Pilot Program is a great part-time summer job to earn extra Money for teachers. It is a 12 weeks program. If you like more information pm me or e-mail pstatewright1@marykay.com
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:11 PM on May. 23, 2009

• There are a lot of companies that offer a Home Business direction but you really have to believe in their product in order to sell it. I'm here to tell you that Gold Canyon not only sells The Worlds Finest Scented Candles but a Green line of cleaning products called Homeology www.BeGreenCleanBlue.com , The other line is called Emerge; for Body and Mind.

Interested?....Please contact me and I will mail you out some information.
    Here is our May "Join Us" promotion link...have a look.
    http://content.ll-0.com/gcessentials/May09JoinUSLR.pdf?i=050109021143

Hope you have a great day!
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 10:15 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Get listed on care.com They have free acount sign up-right now free background checks, i think it's still going on.

You can offering tutoring,daycare,adult care, etc..

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:06 PM on May. 24, 2009