Should I go to the ER????????

I am 17 weeks and 3 days. I have not felt the baby move at all today. I had felt it yesterday, but not today. I know last weeks some time I did not feel the baby for 2 days. I went in to see my OB he listened to the heartbeat and said that all was ok. So I am going in in 2 weeks for the gender scan , so I was wondering if I should bother him.

Married2daBest

Asked by Married2daBest at 6:20 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am surprised you are feeling movements at all that earliy but its possible. No dont worry, at 17 weeks you wont feel it for days at a time. I was closer to 30 before I felt it everyday and its latert han that that the doc wants you to feel the baby everyday. dont worry baby is fine...good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:22 PM on May. 22, 2009

• try drinking some orange juice dont freak out cuz stress isnt good... play with your belly a little bit then see what happends
    kendraamornot

Answer by kendraamornot at 6:23 PM on May. 22, 2009

• If you went to the OB and the heartbeat was fine then why would you go to the ER? You're only 17 weeks, you are not going to feel consistent movements til after 20 weeks.
    Anonymous

• if you ver feel you should or even question if you should then yes you should but at 17 weeks movement is still random the baby still has lots of room to move so you may not feel teh baby move for days ...
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:23 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I dont think u should go to the ER, im 17+ weeks and i dont feel the baby move all the time. I dont think its anything to worry about if u went to the doctor and heard the heartbeat recently... Dont stress yourself out for nothing.
    Anonymous

• What you need to do it this: Get a drink of juice or eat something with natural sugar in it (apple, strawberries, grapes). Then lay down on your left side and watch TV. This is what's called a kick test. Write down when you start. Check off each movement or kick, but don't count hiccups. Once you've reached 10 movements/kicks write down that time too. Your baby should move 10 times in 4 hours. If this doesn't happen, then call your doctor and see what they want you to do.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 6:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I never felt my children until 22 weeks....that was when I was sure.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• She's ONLY 17 WEEKS!!!! KICK TESTS ARE NOT ACCURATE YET! Calm down, you're way too early to feel movement EVERY day, ALL day
    Anonymous

• Woops, I totally didn't realize that you said that you are only 17 weeks. Then yes, as PP have said...you should not worry at 17 weeks. 17 weeks is early for feeling movement to begin with. Around 20 weeks is when you should start feeling him/her pretty often. But, if you're ever concerned after 20 weeks about the movement of your baby, then do the kick test. Good luck to you!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 6:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Anon :26 - You don't have to yell. I didn't realize that she said she was only 17 weeks.
    boizmom