I feel awful!

I am two and half months post partum and feel terrible. I feel nauseous, weak, tired, shaky, sweaty, crampy, and just bad! Like I am having the worst period ever! but I am not on my period. I am breastfeeding and have yet to have my period and I've felt like this for a few days. I even took a pregnancy test to knock out that possibility and it came out negative. I have no fever and am not throwing up. I did a bunch of errands thinking that getting out of the house would help. Nope.

What can this be and what can I possibly do to make it better while breastfeeding? All I do is sleep and lay in bed. It is miserable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Health

• Maybe you're just exhausted. If you're tired it can mess with your body in lots of ways. The first couple months with a new baby are tough. Breastfeeding causes uterine contractions so that's probably part of the cramping. The others may just be from the change of hormones and lack of sleep :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You may have a virus. Since you feel so poorly, you probably should get checked out by a doctor to rule out something else.

Answer by Bmat at 6:58 PM on May. 22, 2009

• go to the doctor
    Anonymous

• I'd get checked out. You may have an infection.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Did you have a c-section? You may have an infection.
    Anonymous

• OP

I had a perfect vaginal birth. No problems.
    It doesn't feel like an infection. Just a super bad period that won't come. hahaha
    Anonymous

• You might be tired. You might be dehydrated. You might have an infection. You might have a blood sugar issue. You should call your health care provider.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I second that you might be dehydrated, have low blood pressure, or a blood sugar issue. This is worth going in to your doctor to check out. It's not normal.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I've gone to the doctor twice since birth about being dizzy and headaches and nothing abnormal came up. They never answered me what it was. Just told me I am not anemic.
    Anonymous