How many kids?

I am not sure which area to post this so I am asking in this one. I just had my second baby 3 weeks ago. While we were pregnant we were done having kids and we have my husband sched for a vasectomy. Well now that I am not pregnant any longer I am now saying maybe I want another. What I am asking is how did you decide how many kids you wanted to have. I am trying to decide what I want to do my husband is leaving it up to me. PLease help

newmommy61207

Asked by newmommy61207 at 7:38 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well my husband and I just wanted two kids, but we ended having two girls first... So I wanted another baby and boy and on our third time around I got a boy! We were done and I was sched for a tubal, but got pregnant again! so fourth is our limit. Im going to a hospital were they tie the tubes on the table!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:48 PM on May. 22, 2009

• We want two for sure, but we're not going to do anything drastic until we're sure we don't want a third. I'll go back on the pill and we'll see what happens.
    Anonymous

• I'm pregnant with my second and after this we are done. Me and my husband have always said we just wanted 2. We had a little girl almost 5 years ago and we are having a boy this time. Most people would be thrilled with a boy and a girl but we both wanted two girls so when we first found out we were having a boy my husband kiddingly said well I guess we will have to have a third try for another girl but that won't happen we are just having two.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 8:19 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i want three and iam pregnant with my second my son and this one are three years apart so after this one i want to get the implant and wait another 10 yrs for the next one
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 8:29 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My youngest was 10 months old when i found out i am pregnant again with baby #3 and i am only 8 weeks along but my husband and i have both decided i will get am IUD put in at my 6 wk check up after the baby is born so we have at least 5 years to decide if we want another or not. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:52 PM on May. 22, 2009

• We decided as soon as I found out I was pregnant with my second, that one of us was getting "fixed." Since I had a troubled pregnancy and ended up having to go c-section, I had my tubes tied at the same time. I was only 21 and the doctor was against it, saying I'd regret my decision. All my friends are having babies right now, and I still don't regret it (6 1/2 years later). Fortunately for us, we did end up with one girl and one boy. I have a friend who is preggo with girl number four right now. Yes, she's going to try again after this one is a year old.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm due any day now with my second. My children will be almost 18 months apart. One girl and a boy on the way...so, we're happy to be getting one of each.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I feel our family will be complete when our son is born. A perfect family of 4. I feel blessed.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:47 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Just 2 one for each parent : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 23, 2009

• We talked about it some more and since we have a boy and a girl we are very blessed and lucky to have one of each so we are done. I think its not that I want more I am gonna miss feeling a baby kick and all the good stuff but I do have trouble pregnancies, preeclampsia with the first and the second was all good till the very end when we found out we would have to have a repeat csection, but it was worth it all I would never trade it for anything. Thank you all for your input it was greatly appreciated.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 4:20 PM on May. 23, 2009