acid reflux or ulcers?

I'm 44, with 4 "almost grown" children ages 25,22,19 and 16. I've been suffering from chronic heartburn that has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of months. it's almost a daily thing and it's painful and has grown into acid reflux, even cold water hurts my stomach to drink it. I vomit at times, unexpectedly, like a surprise vomit burp *G*...anyone else have any of the same symptoms or have an idea of what this could be. I'm under a bit of stress...I take care of my mother-in-law, who has crippling r.a. and can do nothing for herself...she came here with baggage i.e. her forty-ish son and daughter....too much info, I know...but I'm really concerned...

c.stepp

Asked by c.stepp at 7:40 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Health

• well I think its reflux because an ulcer is burning stomach pain, not just heartburn. but that much acid and stress can lead to one so go see your doc and find out what can hekp you. feel better soon. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:43 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Sounds like my friend. She had gallstones and had to have her gallbladder removed.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:44 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It does sound a lot like GERD.
    I'm not a doctor, so I can't diagnose, but I do suggest you go visit your doctor. If it is as simple as GERD then you can take a daily medication that works for 24 hours on cutting down your stomach acid and help your esophagus to heal. If it's something more serious then you should have it taken care of right away.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:39 PM on May. 25, 2009