Going back to work

I am a first time mom and I return to work in two days. I am a nurse and work 12hr night shifts. My baby will be home with dad at night. i am so nervous, I have never left him for more than an hour. And although I love my work, I just feel so emotional about the thought of leaving him. and my husband is great with him, but has never gotten up all night to care for him. Any advice?

Zachsmom7

Asked by Zachsmom7 at 7:48 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The next two nights, you should have your husband act like you aren't home. It'll give you two days of a trial run, and at least you will be there if any problems or questions come up. It might make it easier on both of you when you do have to go back that he has 2 nights experience already. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Before I had to go back to work, I let hubby do everything and pretended like I wasn't there for a couple of days. Going back to work sucks, especially missing the baby so much! But daddy will do what's best for him. My dd stays at home with her daddy while I work 2nd shift. IT was hard for him at first, but they figure it out!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 7:52 PM on May. 22, 2009