lonley, should I be hurt?

My SO and I were at the first cook out since our son was born in January. His bed time is 7 and by 7:30 he was a wreck... So my SO tells me I can bring him home and put him to bed... ALONE. I am a SAHM, which I love, but I do need sometime.... We live with his parents (we're building a house) and this weekend they are gone camping... I was hoping to spend the weekend together, and YES he knew about it. He always says he tired to make love and he's grumpy most of the time... Do you think he wants me out? I feel so hurt. So here I am sitting at home all alone and I dont know what to think or do....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah I think you have a right to be hurt.
    Anonymous

• Don't feel too bad . I felt like that too. Its only been 5 months so maybe he's feeling an extra bit of pressure. My dh and I weren't intimate for 6 months!! Everybodys focus has changed and honestly men are dumb and don't think about others needs. You probably just need to be very honest and tell him u want time tp yourself. It also helped my dh and I to have a date nite and have grandma or a friend watch the baby...good luck and it will get better =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• There's probably a lot of stress that u live with parents too. Maybe he feels that he can't let himself go since you don't have ur own space.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You both are stressed and tired. The first year is always rough on parents. Since you live with his parents, why don't you ask them to watch the baby sometime so you guys can get out together? If your husband was having fun at the cookout, why not let him stay? It's good for everyone to get out once in awhile. Things will get better.
    Anonymous

• Hurt?.....yes.

But there have been plenty of time that i have to leave and the hubby stays behind, my hubby will usually ask if I want him to come with me but I say no, I really don't mind, one of us should have a good time. BUT it won't hurt to let him know that you were a little hurt that he at least didn't offer.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:10 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It's hard to say not to feel bad when we're not the ones in the situation. I'm not sure if you wanted to be intimate or if you just wanted to be alone with him. Either way, if you made your wishes clear, he should have been willing to try to spend time with you. I know how hard it is to be a SAHM, even though we love it, it's still frustrating. Just hang in their. You guys will get it back.  Maybe he is feeling like he wants to get out like you and just wasn't ready to go back.  You need to try to talk to him.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Well I wasnt ready to go back either... I was having fun too. I never get out, at least he gets to go to work....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on May. 23, 2009

• You will never get a guy to understand that he at least has work. Because a job is different then having fun. That will only lead to problems if you try to point it out. SAHM is a job, so for them getting to go to work is no different, SAHM's just do it at home.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 9:21 PM on May. 23, 2009