How do you relieve stress for FREE?

Yeah, yeah, i don't want to hear about going to the spa, or movies. I am talking, daily little things we can all do to kind of take stress out of our lives, or help us destress/ deal that don't cost a dime (or very much!!)

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 8:33 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I read, I bake, take a bubble bath, watch a movie at home, or a show. I am big into photography, so I will get my camera out and start snapping shots of anything and everything, or I will sit down in front of the computer and edit ones I've already taking. Of course, depending on the software's cooperation or lack thereof, that can sometimes lead to more stress. lol I also play with my kids. And sometimes, although I don't recommend it as a habit, I do have a drink or two.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:39 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Yoga! Or just stretch every morning when you wake up. It really helps.
    Anonymous

• I take the family for a walk. It is nice to see the neighbors then watch nature as we walk through the park down the street.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Great answers! Keep em coming. And with the yoga, I'd have to research how to do that but everything sounds good :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:44 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Remove the things that cause the stress. Then try yoga.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:45 PM on May. 22, 2009

• When I was a little girl in the 70's my parents took my sisters and I to this guru type place and we all got our own montra (a focus word) I guess you'd call it. Anyway, we would meditate. Since I was so young and could'nt sit still for very long, I got to walk around and repeat my montra and clear my mind of other thoughts. To this day I have to walk and do my montra, it's just the way I learned. You don't need a guru, you could just use a montra like ( ohm ) and repeat it over and over either outloud or in you head, when other thoughts come in, push them out. When I was little I would picture my montra in big letters like on Seseme Street. How funny is that? It helped me concentrate. I usually meditate for 20 minutes each day. Hope it works for you. If you try it.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 8:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Run! I find going for a jog gets out the tension of my day and you don't have to be a "runner" to go for a jog, I walk then jog then walk then jog, etc....
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:48 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Sex, that's the best way to get rid of stress!!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:49 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Masturbation works for me.Hey! I have no husband or SO but I do have B.O.B. (battery operated boyfriend) and it does relax me.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 8:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Gigi, you are funny. I agree. I release built up tension by orgasm, with my dh or b.o.b. Also walking, reading, stretching,yoga...you can buy a nice yoga dvd for relatively cheap.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:17 PM on May. 22, 2009