Should I put my child in daycar?

I just found a job and my child is only four months. I dont really want to put her in daycare because of all the bad things that I have heard happens at daycares but it might be my only choice. What should I do? Do I take the job and try to work it around my schedule or just put her in daycare?

misschelley

Asked by misschelley at 8:44 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would try to work your schedule around as best as possible. Dare care isn't a bad thing. I used to work in one. There are some really great ones out there. Its just that at such a young age, I would try to be with my baby as much as possible. My husband and I work around each other's schedules so someone else is not raising out baby. Good luck, though.
    Anonymous

• *day care. Not dare care. hahahaha That sounds scary.
    Anonymous

• Try finding a verifiable babysitter in your neighborhood.
    Anonymous

• If you don't feel safe allowing your child to go to daycare..and I know what you mean, maybe a trusted relative might work if possible. I know that four months old is very young for daycare and most won't take children until at least twelve months. Good luck misschelley with whatever you decide I wish you the best.
    Anonymous

• All day cares aren't bad. Discuss with the childs father how you can all make it work for all of your benefits. Would he be open to you working nights if he works days? Are the close friends/family members that you can have sit for you? There are alot of options.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:49 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You have to do what's best for you and your family. We decided to put our son in daycare at 6 months. However, we found a woman who only has 2 infants right now and she has my son alone 2 days out of the 4. If you find the right person, someone who you completely trust, then do daycare. But I know how scary it can be and only you can know what the right choice is! Good Luck to you.
    Anonymous

• I THINK YOU SHOULD TRY TO PUT HER IN DAYCARE AND SEE HOW IT WORK, SHE WILL HAVE TO LEARN TO BE AROUND OTHER KIDS IN THE LONG RUN ANYWAY. SHE CAN'T STAY AT HOME FOREVER. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT SOME DAYCARE AND PRAY OUT IT AND THEN PICK THE BEST ONE . GOOD LUCK
    mizstre

Answer by mizstre at 8:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• While I'm sure there are many reputable day cares, I think you should do the math and see if it is even worth it in the long run. Daycare is very expensive. Now if the job is high paying and well worth it, then just do your homework. I would go so far as to sit outside a daycare and speak with fellow mothers while they are picking up their kids. Good luck. I know it would have been hard to have to leave my daughter with strangers so young. But as you said, with all the things you have heard about daycare, I"m sure the dot all their i's and cross all their t's these days. While you can never be too careful with your child's safety, I really believe that they have stepped up their game. Good luck!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:04 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Don't rule anything out just because of things you have heard about. If it's just from the news, you usually just hear the bad. day care has many benefits for kids if it's the right setting. Some can be bad and if you get the feeling that you can't trust them, go with it. My daughter is in day care and does great. She's been there since 8 weeks and I think the teachers are great! She's 2 and still has to stop and visit her old teachers every day.
    Anonymous

• There are plenty of good daycares out there. You just need to take the time to find a reputable one. You do have to take into consideration though if your going to be making enough at this job to cover day care, as it is really expensive. I can't afford daycare right now, so my mom and I both comprimised our schedules and made it work so that if i'm not with my daughter, she is.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:40 PM on May. 22, 2009