What made you decide to have only 1 child?

I am torn. I've had 2 pregnancies. 1 born. Neither one was a day at the beach. Mine is 4 yrs old now and everyone acts like you need a zoo of kids. I don't know if I have it in me to go through all that stress again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• We wanted two, but life circumstances got in the way. And in the final equation, I'm happy with that.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:38 PM on May. 22, 2009

• If one is all you want ,then one is all you need. My cousin had just one and got her tubes tied and her dd is 13 now, she's never regreted the decision.
    Anonymous

• Two miscarriages were enough to get us to stop trying.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I had endometriosis and one misscarriage. We had tried for 9 years, but, the endo probably kept us from getting pregnant again. By the time I did get pregnant, we had given up. It was a total shock to us both when we found out I was pregnant. I am an older mom. I didn't plan it that way. But, I do believe that things happen for a reason. On August 21, 2002, my husband and I were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby boy. I wouldn't change anything. We've been blessed with one...I'll take him.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

• nothing i have threew lol!!!!
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 9:01 PM on May. 22, 2009

• We had pretty much decided we would only have one because of finances and the fact that our daughter has special needs and she requires a lot of time and attention. What sealed it for us, though, is the fact that last July we discovered I had a clotting disorder and getting pregnant is highly dangerous for me.

My daughter is a wonderful, happy child, and has been recently blessed to have her 2 cousins move near us, so they have become like her siblings.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 9:04 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Well I would like to have one child of my own, however my DF has soon to be two ex-wives and his third child (not mine, with his ex-girlfriend) is due next month. We have been together on and off over the past three years. I recently miscarried our baby, while he has been supportive, I do not think he actually wants any more children. His son is wonderful, we are going through a court battle with his ex-girlfriend and I hope to be able to be a mother to his son and the new baby if I can not have a child of my own.
    Anonymous

• I just started having kids too late to want to put my body through pregnancy again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:01 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I am a single mom and have been since my son was born and I just haven't met someone that I liked enough to pursue a relationship with. Now that I will be 38 in August, I highly doubt I will be having anymore. I don't mind having only 1, he has been spoiled by love and attention from me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 AM on May. 23, 2009