Every since I was 6 weeks pregnant(now 17weeks) I have been getting ultrasounds every 2 weeks. Do you think that is to much?

Everyone I know only had about a handful, It worry's me. Ive had 6 already.

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 8:56 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I do think that is a little odd that you would have to have that many ultrasounds and them not tell you the reason why. I have had only 2, and 1 was only to find out the sex of the baby, and I am 29 weeks. I saw that you posted your baby's heartrate dropped into the 50's at one point, which is VERYYYYYYY VERYYYY low, that is even kind of low for an adult, so maybe that is why they want you to have so many, just to make sure that doesn't happen again. I would ask your doctor what the deal is with all the ultrasounds. I find it odd that they wouldn't tell you why.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:05 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Why have you had so many?
    Anonymous

• Are you high risk? I am due to my age and other factors, and have therefore had at least a dozen ultrasounds (I'm 31 weeks now), I don't worry about it, knowing that my doctos are watching the pregnancy and my health (and babies) very closely.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:59 PM on May. 22, 2009

• since 20 weeks when iwas pregnant i had a ultrasound every week until i was 32 weeks or so. so know you should be okay at leaast you know that your baby is doing good.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 9:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I only had one with my daughter, but lost count of how many I had with my son. I had a troubled pregnancy with him. If there is something wrong, they should have told you. I'd ask.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• unless there is a specific reason why you are getting them. i wouldnt get so many. i only had 3 in my pregnancy and that was the whole pregnancy...i know the whole ultrasound thing not being safe is a heated issue.. and id ont really agree, but with THIS many.. i would consider it not to be that good.

i wouldnt get anymore unless you REALLY needed them.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i only had 2 throughtout my 36+ weeks right now, and i got 3 pictures total. hope everything is ok :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:12 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i had tons of them i was high risk tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I would definitely limit them unless medically necessary. I've heard that it's not a very nice experience for the baby and I don't think it can be that good for them to have 'em all the time.
    ericagwen

Answer by ericagwen at 9:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't think i am high risk, when i was six weeks the baby's fhr went down to 58 and they thought i was going to miscarry, but that was so long ago the fhr has been in the 160's. I will ask my doc. it just doesn't feel right to me.
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 9:42 PM on May. 22, 2009