How long will I bleed after a D & C ???

I had a D & C A week ago today and I never had one before so I was wanting to know how long should I bleed?

Sorry if it's TMI

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• each woman is diffrent, i bleed for aboutt 2 weeks
    Anonymous

• I had a missed miscarriage last April and had one done. I bled for about 2 weeks, but my friend had an abortion and she hardly bled at all and only for about a week. I don't know if that had to do with the reasons or if they were different procedures. I was put under anesthesia and she was not(I had mine done in a surgery center and her at an abortion clinic). I don't know why you had yours, so I'm just letting you know what I know about the 2. It also may have to do with YOU personally. Just like everyone bleeds different lengths for their cycle, I'm sure this is the same. Hopes this answers your question =)
    Anonymous

• I think I bled for a little over a week.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 1:25 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Everyone is different, I just had a D&C on April 15th I didn't completely stop bleeding spotting until May 1st so about 2.5 weeks. You should be concerned if the bleeding is heavy, prolonged and if your going through more then one pad an hour. If your in pain, have a temperature (38 or higher), foul smelling discharge contact the doctor. I know how you feel, I didn't think it would ever end I was never so scared in my life, now I'm waiting for my first AF which feels like it will never come! Best of luck in your future pregnancy!
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:20 PM on May. 26, 2009