I got a c section 3 months ago and i sometimes get pains in my lower belly area...

Is that normal?

its not contractions like when i nurse or anything.. its sometimes a sharp pain and other times its just dull pains...

ive never had this before... is it normal to have this after a c section?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:11 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, normal
    Anonymous

• It's completely normal...theyre like little twinges of pain...I got those for quite a while...its just nerve endings and muscles that were cut....it'll get better.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:16 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I still get them every once in a while and my daughter is 9 months old. My mom had 3 c-sections with the last one being 22 1/2 years ago and still gets them sometimes too, and still had numbness in that area.
    Anonymous

• Yes, normal. What it MIGHT be, I'm not saying for certain, but it could be some scar tissue is being knocked loose. It sucks and my stomach is still numb in certain places and it's been 2.5 years.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:41 PM on May. 22, 2009