Who else loves their babies Bumbo?

My sister just gave me her daughters bumbo bc my niece outgrew hers, and i love it! she looks so cute sitting it....

anyone else have one? and what do you think about them?!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:14 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We never got one because when my son was around the right age for it they pulled them all off the shelves to change the warnings.
    ericagwen

Answer by ericagwen at 9:22 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I thought about getting one, but it is one of those things that's like what do you really need it for? The baby isn't going to use it for that long and we just used his little swing when we needed to put him down and he couldn't sit up on his own.

So I guess it is just something babies look cute sitting in and that's all.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I was a little concerned about forcing a child into a sitting position before their body had a chance to build the muscle on their own so we didn't use it. Does it work well? What does it do?
    Anonymous

• Violaswamp.. thats what i thought at first when my niece got hers.. (i wasnt pregnant yet) but my niece used it for a LONG time.. my sister would put her in it and feed her.. she even used it up until like.. 18 months.. she loved it got excited to sit it in every time too...

anonymous it works really well. it helps their muscles develop to learn to sit up too.. they should only use it when they are able to hold their head up on their own completely.. i was cautious as well and looked up their website and there are a lot of awards for it by pediatrics and stuff so i decided to try it out and i love it...

it also is good for bebies that have severe reflux.. because it keeps them in an upright position.. here is the site if you want to check out some stuff :)

http://www.bumbobabyseat.com/
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• oh anon go to the Features link on there and it talks about development of the spine and stuff :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I got one for my shower, but I hardly ever use it. Right now I keep it in the bathroom and my son sits in it occasionally while I run his bath but he climbs right out of now so it doesn't really hold him in place or anything. I can't imagine it being useful for him right now. Though maybe if I get the tray that snaps on it would be handy for feeding him at other people's houses since it's so portable...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:37 PM on May. 22, 2009

• When we got it my son couldn't sit right in it. He was 6 month but he would still always slide around. By the time he was able to sit it in properly he was also able to crawl out of it so...it never really served much of a purpose :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• They didn't have them around when my girls were little, and since I bought just the barest necessities of furniture and support items for them, I will do the same for my granddaughter. I don't believe in spending more money than I have to when a child will naturally learn to grow and do things on their own.
    Thanks for the heads up anyway. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I use mine ALL THE TIME, and yes, they are great! I bought one, and the playtray that attatches to it, and when he's sick of being in the walker or jumparoo, and he wants to be near me when I'm cooking, doing dishes, ect, I put him close to me and put some toys on the tray and he loves it. I take it, and the tray with me when I go over to a relatives to feed him, so yes, IT'S GREAT! I'll definately be saving mine for my next little one.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:15 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Actually OP your wrong. It does NOT help build their muscles. They dont need to use their muscles when sitting in it. My daughter sees a physical therapist for weak core muscles (not related to useing the bumbo seat) but we were told those are the worst things out there. They teach a kid that they can pretty much be cemented in a chair without having to use their own muscles to sit up. Just thought I would mention that since they really are not that helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on May. 23, 2009