Due Today, How Do I Jumpstart Labor?

My husband and I really want to have our baby REALLY soon. I'm due today. I had my membrane stripped yesterday. I am one centimeter dilated, but I don't remember that other measurement she told me. I was like 80% of something... Is there something I can do to help my labor move along?

DelvinLyons

Asked by DelvinLyons at 9:17 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go take a long walk and have sex, then walk some more and have sex some more, lol
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 9:18 PM on May. 22, 2009

• try having sex and letting him ejaculate inside of you and lay there for a while so it doesnt come out.. sorry if TMI.. also try walking and bouncing softly on one of those yoga ball thingies...

although none may actually work.. they do sometimes.. it just depends on if the baby is ready to come out... good luck! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:19 PM on May. 22, 2009

• having sexs works, after he cums, lay with your legs up... kinda like if you were tring to get preggo...lol
    Anonymous

• Admittedly you are either serious or someone that is playing a joke. If this is real , be patient, and the baby will actually be born naturally, and if you are 80% that means that the baby is down in the right position and it is 80% in the birthing direction of having to travel out the entire way. Now 20% is left. at this point you will possibly do more damage of sex to the baby or yourself, it's not true to just let a man's possible sex puncture or rupture or even soften the way out. If you are truly deciding what is best for delivery try to remain calm, get to the contractions and let the process happen, if this is a man and he thinks this is funny, you could by this cause absolute danger and ruin the birth altogether by penetration and force, which will lead to a dry birth if the baby is born with no medical intervention!!
    Anonymous

• By the way you still have a medical boundry of time of a week or one week and a few days, for the best interest to you and the baby do not DO NOT have sex, this is a serious misleading old wives tale. It's very dangerous, people are playing with you on the last 3 responses. Don't do the horror advice" they are dishing out. It is NOT SAFE ! It can do serious harm to both you and the baby.
    Anonymous

• My best friend is due today also. Man, I wish I could help you guys out! Unfortunately, nature decides these things unless there's medical intervention. The best advice I have is try to relax, and things should move along...
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Have sex, sperm is a natural cervix dialator.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 10:17 PM on May. 22, 2009

• if sex isnt safe then why do docs tell u to have sex when u are close to ur due date. my doctor told me to have sex when i was prgo with my son she said that the cum softens the cervix and and orgasm can help out getting contractions going a person with a medical license. what my doc has told me this time around is that i can have all the sex i want unless ur medical professional tells u not to have sex then u can.

to answer ur question....walking, sitting on one of those huge yoga balls and rotating ur hips on it, SEX, and nipple stimulation (like using a breast pump or ur fingers), and last but not least caster oil. all of these i used at the hospital to get me to go into labor my doctors and nurses...besides the sex my doc told me about that in her office.
    also the 80% means that ur 80%efaced(sp) and u have 20%more to go. ur cervix is opening up. i was dialted one for 2 days before my water broke. good luck and congrat
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 11:06 PM on May. 22, 2009

• walk. sex. walk. sex. walk. sex...etc [:
    Good luck
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 2:29 AM on May. 23, 2009