gained 3 lbs in 1 week?

im 36+ weeks went in for weekly check up and gained 3 lbs... o.O.... is this normal? i knew you were supposed to gain a half a pound a week about this time, but 3 lbs? Lst month total i only gained 4 lbs. I have been really thirsty lately and drinking a lot but that usually just comes out within an hour lol and i am not constipated. Ankles are swollen somewhat, not abd though....any thoughts why this is? has this happened to you?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 9:18 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to get your BP checked. Sudden weight gain could be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Or it could be nothing. Get your BP checked.

Anonymous

• they did bp and was fine, thats what confuses me, they said it is normal, but im not sure how "normal" that is...
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:21 PM on May. 22, 2009

• thats totally normal. the 1 lb a week thing is just an estimate. some women gain less some gain more.. i too gained more.. hell i gained a lot my entire pregnancy but mostly at the end. i had extreme swelling in my entire body and they said it was from that but everything was fine. i gained about 70 lbs my entire pregnancy and majority was at the end. luckily i lost it all already thank god!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• ty both :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 9:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• everybody pregnant or not fluctuates around 2 lbs every day, if you weigh yourself in the morning vs. night you could be 2 lbs heavier/lighter. So technically it could have only been 1 lb weight gain which is perfectly normal. Dont worry! When i was pregnant I gained 3 lbs overnight! LOL
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 9:54 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I have been gaining alot of weight but has slowed down now. I gained like 4-6LBs in one month then then next, lol. I'm 33 weeks and have gained 32LBS. I'm not a big person either.
    Anonymous