"Once a Teacher Always a Teacher" How accurate is this statement?

Can a teacher be laid off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I do think you can lose your job....I do think there are some teachers who have no clue how to teach and communicate with the students....I have seen it over and over again with my kids teachers in high school and one teacher in particular.....if they cant do the job, then get out and let someone else do it who can.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I knew of a special education teacher who fail to satisfy some of the parents instead of being laid off she was transfer to another school. Statement Accurate!
    Anonymous

• yes teachers get laid off a lot of them are getting laid off right now because of the economy.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:01 PM on May. 22, 2009

• they are being laid off in SC an 1st year contracts aren't being renewed because of our dumb governor. you'll still be a teacher. you have the degree and what not but you can lose your job
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:30 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Maybe, but a ad teacher is still that- a bad teacher. Those that can do, those that cannot, teach.
    Anonymous

• Gee, my real estate agent, my minister, my physical therapist, the gym manager, my raft guide, the local book store owner, and my computer programmer all have teaching degrees. So no, I disagree with this statement.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:17 PM on May. 22, 2009

• "Maybe, but a ad teacher is still that- a bad teacher. Those that can do, those that cannot, teach."

What an idiotic statement. Let me get this straight, every teacher/professor you've ever had in your life was only teaching because they were failures?!! Are you serious?!!
    plainsmom71

Answer by plainsmom71 at 3:11 AM on May. 23, 2009