Neck pain

I have neck pain more days, some back pain too, but it concentrates on my neck. Do any of you know things I could do (maybe the way I sleep?) to help this?

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 9:27 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Health

• heating pad and lots of stretching. deep breathing exercises, try yoga and/or pilates for strengthening and enlongating the muscles. ibuprofen for swelling.
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 2:58 PM on May. 24, 2009

• First thing I would do is visit my chiropractor. Neck pain originates from some pinched nerve. The chiropractor will assess the pain and adjust your spine, relieving the pressure which will get rid of the pain. Trust me, it works!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:58 PM on May. 22, 2009

• IS it possible to get it done on one visit? My dad tells me if I go, I'll be going the rest of my life. Do you agree?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:53 PM on May. 23, 2009

• It depends on the chiropractor (yes, some are quacks) and your injury. Usually, when I've had a pinched nerve, I have let it go so long that it does take a couple of visits to get it back in shape. But usually only two, maybe three. I try to "knock it back" on my own by laying on my back on the floor and twisting (for example ~ left leg over to my right arm, and right leg over to my left arm). Sometimes this will do it, or if I look left, then twist my neck to look up, then down, then repeat on the right side. Sometimes this will "crack" it back. But a good chiropractor will probably ask you questions about where the pain is, when it hurts, etc. They may even do a set of x-rays to see exactly what's going on. They will tell you each step they are doing, not leave you wondering what they are doing. Most insurances will allow chiropractic care. I rely on mine especially when the pain is unbearable.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:59 PM on May. 24, 2009