Shoes for a flatfoot?

My 3 year old;s foot is almost compltely flat. I can never find a shoe that fits him well, which is way he wore his Spiderman shoes to church all winter. The only store that has shoes around us is Wal-Mart and they have hideous shoes. Does anyone have any suggestions about what type of shoes or where we can get some that fit him. I keep forgetting to ask his doctor.
Thanks.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 9:32 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• converse is a flatfoot shoe. my friends kid Julia had a flat foot and sher put converse on her and she was fine
    LuvsMimi4ever

Answer by LuvsMimi4ever at 6:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm sure you can find anything on the internet, just check the return policies so you can try them on. Zappos.com has a very generous return policy. Otherwise, Payless has a Smart Fit brand and Stride Right is always good for needed support.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:39 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My husband is a certified orthotist, do not find anything on the internet or TV, please consult a podiattrist or orthopedist, they will know if this is serious, this is much easier to fix at a young age than older!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:06 AM on May. 23, 2009