Soap or Water for Newborn Bath?

When do you switch to soap for a newborn?

DelvinLyons

Asked by DelvinLyons at 9:34 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always used johnson's head to toe baby wash. Only a little bit in a wet washcloth while washing the baby, and then rinse it right off.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:35 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i always used the johnsons too.. there is also johnsons baby BAR soap?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 9:37 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I just used water until she was old enough to go into the infant tub and not be really slippery!
    Anonymous

• I'd use baking soda. It's not harsh like all the chemicals in J&J.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:42 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I've always used Johnson baby wash or Huggies baby wash ever since she was born. I also have a bar of baby soap, but I'm thinking about waiting to use that until I can have 2 free hands to wash her.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:01 PM on May. 22, 2009

• just use a baby friendly soap and don't get it in her eyes and its fine. i use parents choice or johnsons baby soap. to wash her hair, just hold her and hold her head over the sink because you will be a lot less likely to get it in her eyes. dont bathe a baby more often than every 2 days, and u could actually wait every 3 or 4 days if u want to. just use a washcloth to do touch ups to wash off hands and face
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:41 PM on May. 22, 2009