If you are a born again Christian, is it normal to have doubts about your salvation?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely!! Satan is the king of making us doubt. It's his job, his main goal in life, his mission. I found this a few years ago when I was having some doubts - What can give real assurance to a real believer? - I hope it helps you and brings you peace as much as it did me.

Answer by pwfaith at 11:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I wouldn't think so. Both my parents are "born again", so I'm taking this from what I've heard and talked to them about. No Christian should have doubts, that is part of what encompasses a Christian~ blind unwavering faith. We all have walked different paths at one time or another, but what matters is you are walking his path now. Hope it helps!

Answer by NomadSara at 8:00 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I actually wrote about similar feelings not all that long ago on a Christian forum online. And I was assured that it is absolutely normal. I was questioning whether or not my feelings were normal to be having after reaccepting Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior. Out of the many comments I received, many made sure to make clear that Satan is always trying to put temptations into our life and trying to waiver our faith. It's completely normal to question your salvation and faith, just keep in the back of your mind that you are being tested. As long as you have true faith in Him, you will be able to fight through all those feelings. Good luck and God bless!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i think that it IS normal. I one is perfect, everyone sins and we should fear god and have our doubts..not that he loves us..because he does unconditionaly, but if we are deserving of his love. i wonder every day, and beg every day that he forgives me of my sins and i open my heart to him at the end of everyday and thank him for allowing me to exist just one more day on this earth and tell him that when the time comes..i cant wait to be by his side!

Answer by froghopper at 9:31 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I too think it is normal. God gave us a brain to use and w that comes fears, anxieities and the ability to question. So I 100% think it is normal. Good luck.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:30 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think it's very normal to doubt, however it is those times you need to draw closer to God and read your Bible more and pray more.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• yes, i did for a while until i found a church i liked and taugh me what i needed to know,it is a hard walk but it get's easyer

Answer by kimsboys at 2:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I believe it is, because as long as you doubt a little you are searching to bring yourself closer to God and to his will. I believe that life is full of ups and downs. Somedays you doubt, others you are walking on cloud 9.
    In fact, as I recall-Jesus asked God on the cross-"Why are you forsaking me?".

Answer by baby98 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We are all sinners so yes, It's totally normal. However that is when you have to stay complete in him more through prayer, reading his word. Through your intimate times with God he will indeed give you clarity on why you're feeling this way. You may have past hurts, or things you've done with no closure or still feel a bit guilty about. When those things are revealed to you in your thoughts, that's God. And that is when you have to repent for it. The more you repent on these things when he reveals them to you the more at peace and assured of the promise of your Salvation:) ~Be Blessed.

Answer by binarystarr at 9:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2008