What do you think? Has this happened to you?

Okay! the first day of my last period was march the 4th. By that date I should be 11 weeks pregnant, but my crazy midwife keeps changing my due date and lowering my weeks. She refuses to give me a transvaginal U/S only the regular belly one. My first due date was Dec 10 (my DH birthday) My second was Dec 9, My third was Dec 29 and today she jumped it up to January 4th! aaah.... She says I concieved april 5... April 5th I would still be due the 29.. right? if i conceived the 5th of April I still should have stared my period on the 4th of April and never did... I took my first home test on April 13 and it was positive. Isnt that a bit early to read correctly if I conceived on the 5th? What do you think? Is she crazy? She has confused the crap out of me. I've decided to change Doctors, but was wondering if anyone has had this problem? and if any of this is even possible without the dates matching up?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 9:36 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess any of that's possible, but I think I'd ask your new doctor for an early ultrasound to confirm the due date. That way, you'll have a better idea of when you're expecting the baby to arrive.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:38 PM on May. 22, 2009

• she sounds off to me...go elsewhere
    Anonymous

• I think it's safe to say you are at least 7wks, and anywhere between 7 and 9wks. An ultrasound is the best method of determining your due date. (Considering your last period started March 4, give two weeks for ovulation...and starting around ovulation, it's I believe 7wks..might've miscounted.)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• With my 1st, my original due date was jan 9, then they changed it 2 Dec 23, then back 2 Jan, then the dr was goin outta town on Dec 27, so she induced me on the 26th. I dnt understand y all the back & forth stuff either. Sorry they r confusing u!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 10:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• They probably keep getting different measurements with the ultrasound. If you are X amount of weeks then the baby should be measuring in accordance. One week they probably did an ultrasound and the baby was measuring big, so they said you were further along than they had thought.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:24 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Your due date will be 40 weeks from your last period, so whatever 40 weeks from March 4 is, (I'm too tired to do the math!). But you can really expect your baby 2 weeks before or up to 2 weeks after that date. I think your right to find a new doc!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:37 PM on May. 22, 2009