I found unsetteling things on the internet about myself...

I Googled my name and found myself on PEEKYOU.COM. It was my MySpace profile pic from when I first sighned up like five years ago. Some of the info was wrong, like my middle inital, it listed two cities I've never been to, much less lived in, but the scariest thing was it made reference to drugs on the life bio line. Obviously I never posted this profile. I've never even heard of peekyou.com. It is apparent they got the info from MySpace. I contacted the website via e-mail and told them I wanted this profile deleated immediately. Do you think I should cancel my MySpace account also?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 9:54 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is the main reason why I will not post pics on the internet.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 9:55 PM on May. 22, 2009

• i think that many people forget that what you put on the internet is out there for the whole world to see whether you want them to or not. if you wouldn't say it to strangers or show it to strangers then don't post stuff for the whole world to see.
    that_one_chick

Answer by that_one_chick at 10:10 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You can contact the webhost (not the website but the company that hosts the page) and have them take it down. I periodically google my name, my husbands, and my daughters. Even if we haven't posted anything on the internet doesn't mean someone else didn't. For example, I made it to the newspapers one year and so my name and picture were there. Anyone could have stolen it and done something to it.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:45 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Oh my gosh that is creepy! I just looked my self up! It knows everywhere I've ever lived!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:50 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I think if you make sure all your profiles are private, then you won't have a problem....I looked myself up on peekyou.com and nothing really came up. It's like any of those people finder sites out there...like if you are looking for a long lost relative or something. The day of the internet leads to way less privacy and you just have to very careful. Make sure your myspace is private for sure or delete and make a new one(that still is private) You will still most likely be on there, but it won't have nearly as much info about you! GL!
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 1:54 AM on May. 23, 2009