Unsettling internet findings

I Googled my name and found myself on PEEKYOU.COM. It was my MySpace profile pic from when I first sighned up like five years ago. Some of the info was wrong, like my middle inital, it listed two cities I've never been to, much less lived in, but the scariest thing was it made reference to drugs on the life bio line. Obviously I never posted this profile. I've never even heard of peekyou.com. It is apparent they got the info from MySpace. I contacted the website via e-mail and told them I wanted this profile deleated immediately. Do you think I should cancel my MySpace account also?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 9:54 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• definately. that is why everyone needs to be careful what information they post on the internet.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 9:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I agree.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:58 PM on May. 22, 2009

• PS did you google your maiden name or married?
    TXdanielly

• Maiden...we haven't gotten married yet.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 10:00 PM on May. 22, 2009

• eeeek sorry I posted the google your name question, eh or I guess if I hadn't you would have never found that.

If they do not delete the account like you have asked then I would delete your myspace page. For now I would leave it.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 10:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• hmm that is a strange site. what bothers me a little when i searched myself on it is that they have a phone number with the last 4 numbers as *s. The begining is a very common land line around here, so I'm not sure if their right or not, but if they are I've NEVER had that number under my name, it's the land line to my parents house, and I'd like to know how they hell they tied me into it.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Violaswamp: Don't be sorry. Acutally, thank you. I never would have known if you hadn't said that! Pudge: you're right. That is a scary sight. From what I saw anyone can log on and change anyone's profile. They have a disclaimer that they are not responsible for the content of the page. I would tell them to remove you from thier site!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 10:37 PM on May. 22, 2009

• DOH!
    Anonymous

• ya i just read this question and went and looked myself up too and what do you know, my myspace picture and city and zodiac sign. hhow did you get a a hold of someone to delete the account??????
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 11:16 PM on May. 22, 2009