what's the best way to "up" your milk production?

I wasn't able to breastfeed with my son because he was born early [34 weeks] and my milk just never really came in. The most I could ever get was 2cc of milk. [& yes i know how much i expressed because i had to squeeze it out and feed it to him in a medicine dropper because he was so tiny] but this time i am currently 25 weeks pregnant and can already some what express some out by squeezing which seems to be a good sign =) But i'm wanting to know any & all kinds of tips and help for upping my milk production. i know i have to drink lots and lots and LOTS of water and i read last night eating oatmeal would help ??? never heard that before. any suggestions? because my hospital doesn't give the pills to help produce milk & i really want to help it along since i'm expected to have another preemie.

RAGUmomof2

Asked by RAGUmomof2 at 10:10 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oatmeal does help. The slow cooking kind is better than instant, but instant will do. There's a tea from a compnay called Traditional Medicinals called Mother's milk, Its good, but should not be taken while you are pregnant. You can find it at most large grocery stores. Also, the herb fenugreek (sp?) is helpful. Good luck, Mama!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• ok this is gonna sound bad but it workes i swear!!!

drink a beer! once a day for a week... and if you want you can dump the milk the feedign after but our doc said soo little transfers ovcer it wont effect the baby..

good luck either way
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:04 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I haven't given birth yet.
    But I've heard if you pump your breasts enough it might help produce more.
    Although it doesn't work for everyone.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:37 AM on May. 23, 2009