AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS HAD A FALLOPIAN TUBE REMOVED?

IF NOT.... HOW HARD IS IT TO GET PREGNANT AGAIN? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR AWHILE NOW AND ITS NOT WORKING OUT!

WHAT TYPE OF DOCTORS SHOULD I SEE ABOUT THIS?

PLEASE........PLEASE HELP ME!

jsink21

Asked by jsink21 at 10:10 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have had 3 ectopic pregnancies. No joke! I have a small piece of a tube on just one side left. The doc told me with my last ectopic...I could not have children. I have a 14 yo daughter! I didn't do anything special, see a special doctor, etc. I guess I just got with the "right" guy. I can't be of much more help than to tell you....do not ever let anyone... to include doctors tell you..you can not have children. I'm proof it's not impossible with just a very small fraction of a tube on one side. I wish you all the best! Hang in there!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:21 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I've had one tube removed, since it ruptured. It's actually easier to get pregnant after an ectopic IF your tube was removed. If the tube stays, there's extra scar tissue that can lead to yet another ectopic (the egg gets stuck on its journey.) I'm pregnant again - I conceived right about a year after my surgery. Try not to despair and keep having sex for the sake of having sex. Don't make it a mission to have a baby - all of that focus and stress can lower your chances (or so some people say.) If it gets to the point where you can't believe you aren't pregnant yet, consult a fertility specialist. They may be able to figure out what the problem is.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 10:31 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My friend had a tube removed in Nov, was told to wait a month before TTC, and just found out she is now pregnant. It took them 5 months. I have read that when you have a tube removed, after several months the ovary on that side will stop releasing eggs and the unaffected side will take over, but I don't know if that is true or not. I have never read or heard anything about it being easier to get pregnant after having a tube removed though. Seems like the egg would just get released into the abdomen, with no tube to take it to the uterus.
    Anonymous

• To clear up what I said, it's not easier to get pregnant after a tubal in comparison to a 'normal' person with two tubes. It's just easier to get pregnant after you've had a tube removed vs. keeping the damaged tube.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 10:27 AM on May. 23, 2009