Should obese people pay more for airline tickets

if they do not fit in one seat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• are you fucking kidding me! so what, should skinny people only pay half the price? should kids only have to pay 1/4 of the price!! no obese people should not have to pay more! talk about discrimination!! whats next, no asians, mexicans, latinos, east indians, and blacks??
    Anonymous

• Ok going anon on this which I usually don't do, but it is not going to be a "politically correct" answer. If a person takes up more than one seat they should pay for the number of seats they are using! Why should the airline give away a seat just because the person is obese? They certainly cannot sell the seat that the obese person is extending into to some one and say " sorry you paid for your whole seat but only get to use 1/2 a seat because we cannot discriminate against obese people"
    Anonymous

• I agree with 1033 pm. And do you want to sit next to some one spilling into your seat? I don't
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't want to sit next to an obese person whose "spilling over" into my seat. So, yes, I think they should pay for another seat (and get it, of course).
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:39 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I think this is standard airline policy. It is meant to be beneficial to everyone - the comfort of the obese passenger, the comfort of other passengers, and the profit of the airline. Unfortunately it can be humiliating for the obese person, but I'm sure they'd confirm that they are more comfortable with the extra room.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:51 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I'm sorry, but I have to agree that if theyre going to be using more then 1 seat then they need to pay for more then 1 seat.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:59 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I sat next to very obese man on a 3 hour flight and he was squished next to me, sweating and made my right arm and leg damp. Now if that's not enough to make you sick,I don't know. Its embarassing for them? Why don't they see a nutritionist,huh? Be a grown up and try to lose weight so that they won't be humiliated. They are going to cost the airlines to adapt to their size. Maybe they should construct some rows of wide seats for extremely obese passengers. If they take up extra space they should pay for it. I am not going to be PC.They need to lose weight for the improvement of their own health and there is no way around it. It is overeating,plain and simple. Don't start with the "glandular problems" It is overeating.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I don't think it's discrimination, just fair. Most kids clothes take less fabric, so they cost less. Big people need more space, and space costs. It sounds hurtful, but I'm sure it was never meant to be. Weight is just a touchy issue. I kinda wish I could get away w/ paying 1/2 price for being so small.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:03 PM on May. 22, 2009

• No need to take cheap shots at others' weights even if it is unhealthy. It's not the topic at hand and it's rude to judge. No, airlines shouldn't have to make everything jumbo size. No one mentioned that.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:06 PM on May. 22, 2009