Is it true that if the heart rate is 140 it's a boy??

Is the old Wive's Tale true??? I am really hoping for pink... but the HR was 140. Someone said that means that it is a boy.... anyone have girls with slower HR during preg??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats what my babies HR is and im having a girl
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 10:34 PM on May. 22, 2009

• iam 19 weeks and i went to the dr. and the HR was 160 and we found out its a BOY!! good luck
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 10:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

• my doc told me most of the time the old wives tale is true it was for me it also depends how far along u r the farther along u get the hr slows down. mine started out at 170 and is now down to 160. we r having a girl i know the higher the heart rate the more likely it is a girl but the ultra sound is what i would put my money on.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 11:22 PM on May. 22, 2009

• It can be anywhere from 120 to 180. It will change throughout. I have heard that baby boys tend to have higher rates though?!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 11:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• idk... my son's hr was 140... so there might be some truth to it. I wanted his sex to be a surprise at birth but people would always say because of how I carried him and his hr, e was definately a boy. Good luck to you!
    JustPeachy678

Answer by JustPeachy678 at 12:47 AM on May. 23, 2009