Is it true that if the heart rate is 140 it's a boy??

Is the old Wive's Tale true??? I am really hoping for pink... but the HR was 140. Someone said that means that it is a boy.... anyone have girls with slower HR during preg??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked my dr about it, and they said it had been proven false just in their office. That they had seen boys with fast beats and girls with slow. So, it IS possible, but my daughter had a really fast heart beat. I think you're just gonna have to wait for an ultrasound!
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't think it's very true. My son always had a very fast heart rate in the 160's and based on that he should have been a girl.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• no.. my daughter was 130 - 180 the whole time
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• old wives tale.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:22 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Do yourself a favor and just start ignoring the wives tales now. Unless you have fun with them. They just drove me crazy. I wanted to slap everyone who made a comment, or your carrying low so your having a boy/girl.....oh your big so you will have a big baby......oh you have heartburn so the baby will have lots of hair. I had a bald 6 pound baby girl.
    Of course I was an advocate of pregnant women everywhere to tell people to shove it and would have loved nothing else then to be able hide the fact that I was preggo from everyone!
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 11:25 PM on May. 22, 2009

• no its not true my daughter was 147
    MomysLilAutumn

Answer by MomysLilAutumn at 11:43 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Just so you know...everything that you hear as far as "it's a boy if it does this" and "it's a girl if it does this"....is ALL wives tales.....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:20 AM on May. 23, 2009

• If you went accodring to the hear rate then both my kids came out the WRONG SEX! This is just an old wive's tale. The only sure way to know is to haave that baby! Ultrasounds can be wrong too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:48 AM on May. 23, 2009

• At first ultrasound, my son was in the 170's. He was the 140's the rest of the pregnancy.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:43 PM on May. 23, 2009