Why would you say that this is a bad cartoon?

I have read several posts from people saying that they don't like the cartoon Yo Gabba Gabba.I was wondering why? Besides the fact that people say that the characters look like sex toys(which I think sounds ridiculous).They have some nice songs that teach kids valuable lessons.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on May. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• To me it's just realllllly annoying. I can't stand the songs, and I haven't watched it long enough to know if it's educational or not.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 10:38 PM on May. 22, 2009

• my daughter watches yo gabba gabba she loves it i really dont see anything wrong with it
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:40 PM on May. 22, 2009

• DJ Lance freaks me out a little... and almost all the songs are super annoying. Also our parenting philosophies are not the usual ones, so some of the "morals" that are shared aren't quite what we agree with. (Not horrible, just not something we personally teach.)

BUT the guest music rocks. And my daughters discovered a mad love for the Ting Tings - not necessarily my style but it's cute to see them dance and sing to it.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 10:44 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I like the show.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:49 PM on May. 22, 2009

• The songs are made for kids,so of course they may be annoying to adults.
    Anonymous

• DJ Lance Alot being in a spandex full body suit really freaks me out. I'll allow my daughter to watch it occasionally, but I never turn it on until a few minutes in so that they're past the whole grown man wearing next to nothing thing...
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 11:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• my daughter loves the show
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I don't think there's anything wrong with it. My nephew loves it. It's just weird! But kids like weird stuff, their brains work differently.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:41 PM on May. 22, 2009

• People get freaked out when something isn't the normal tra-la-la shit. It's probably because it's a hip-hop, base beats, new wave show with a black front man.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• When i first saw commercials for the show i thought it was too weird and i said i wasnt gonna let my kids watch it, But then my friend told me her son watched it and that she thought it had great values so i tuned in one day and i fell in love and so did my kids- it really is weird but u know wut? it gets the kids attention so they will soak in the lesson- and so far all of the lessons reinforce wut i am teaching my kids- politeness, not hitting each other and no biting each other, and so on- plus the music and songs keep my kids dancing
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:54 PM on May. 22, 2009