Is it safe?

Do any of you know if Benadryl is safe to take during pregnancy? I know I should ask my doctor, and will, but I was wondering if anyone got an answer on this from their doctor. Thanks!

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 11:00 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's safe. My doctor always tells me to take it for itching.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:01 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I assume it's safe bc when I was 5 months pregnant I got bit on the neck by a brown recluse spider and since I was pregnant he coulcnt give me a shot so he gave me topical gel and told me to take Benadryl for the itching. I took so much Benadryl that it got to were I didnt get sleepy lol So I think it should be ok.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:02 PM on May. 22, 2009

• yes my doctor tells me to take it if i have a cold it works for a lot of thing so go for it
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 11:02 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I guess it's safe, however, my sister had a bad reaction to it. For some reason it works the opposite in our family. Her heart started beating out of her chest and she was shaking uncontrollably. I think medications will be different for everyone, but talk with your doctor before taking anything!!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 11:26 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Thanks for your replies, ladies!!!! Much appreciated!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:11 AM on May. 23, 2009