Is a Father automaticly invited to a baby shower?

My friend is pregnant and I offered to throw her a baby shower, Her husband is someone I really dont like but she and I are close, last month after we discussed the baby shower My grandmother passed away the whole time I was dealing with this her husband was texting me from her phone with all these ideas he wants to be done. I talked to her about it beause at first I thought it was her, and she said Ill talk to him he takes my phone texts people erases the messeges he sends then i just get random replys from people. So I thought ok this guy will get the messege but NO he will text me at 7am with random things he wants done. exp (he loves slipnot) and said you should get masks for the shower to match the band. Hes driving me nuts, I assumed that the baby shower was for the mother only but it seems hes coming. Was I wrong? If this continues I think im going to tell him to plan it and I will show up at his shower.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• nowadays it seems to be a couples thing but if you are planning it then make it how you want it to be. You are sending the invitations.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I always thought a baby shower was more of a woman thing. All the showers Ive been to the father wasn't there but maybe it was bc they didn't want to be there?
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:05 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Tell him that the baby shower is about the BABY not him and HIS wants -.- I think the husband should be welcome, but also needs to realize that it IS a more feminine thing, and needs to behave.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:11 PM on May. 22, 2009

• My mom threw my shower, and me and my hubby both showed up to it. My mother knew how involved he was with my pregnancy, and how much he wanted to go, so she didn't see anything wrong with it. He wasn't the only guy there, one of my friends brought her husband ( who used to be my ex boyfriend!), and there were a couple of younger boys there. My Husband loved it, I opened presents, and he held them up for everyone to see, so it worked out.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 11:23 PM on May. 22, 2009

• The bay shower is for the baby and themed for the baby's room NOT Daddy's and his fav band. I know some mags will show baby Shower idea send him a mag or better yet ignore his butt. And when he ask you what happen to Slipnot say with a smile we will be playing thier music during the dinner and walk away. You spend your money how you want to all he can do is pout.
    EmpressCrawford

Answer by EmpressCrawford at 12:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• The baby showers I have been to (including my own) have always been about the BABY (not dads favorite band), with baby decorations, baby games, and such and most of the guests were women. If you are going to have the party then tell him you will plan it your way and to stop texting you about nonsense. If he is offended, so what. He is not the 'star' of the party! If he does not like it then he should plan his own baby shower and invite his friends to it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:35 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Just tell him the place you are having it catered at doesn't allow those things.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:21 AM on May. 23, 2009

• What father really wants to go to a baby shower??? Baby showers are BORING! Most, matter of fact all men I know would rather be doing ANYTHING then sitting around with a bunch of cackling women opening baby gifts! He should do something with his friends during the shower! FYI I had an evening shower with alcoholic beverages turned it into a "ladies night" ( aside from me of course).. everyone loved it and NO MEN even wanted to come to that!
    Anonymous

• My advice? Keep in girly and simple.. His stupid ass will wish he didn't come along!
    Anonymous

• Thanks ladies
    Anonymous