I asked his doctor and she doesnt know..my 16 month old is going APE on me!

My son will not stop being SUCH A MONSTER! He is either screaming and crying or he is undoing everything I have just done. Flipping chairs over, knocking down things, beating the cat up, hitting me, he use to be SUCH a sweet heart only a week ago...what is wrong with him? Nothing has changed at all....his doctor said to bring him in to recheck him but we were just there last week

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:08 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would take him to the Dr. just to be safe b/c it sounds like his attitude changed over night. But he is probably going through a phase.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:13 PM on May. 22, 2009

• You say nothing has changed? Are you busier than you used to be or more involved in something at home than you used to? Maybe his behavior is to get your attention. Kids will do anything to get your attention even if it is negative attention( yelling, getting upset, He may be getting alot of attention from you and a GOOD SHOW if you get upset. Your behavior may be reinforcing his bad behavior! Try to pay attention the next time he acts up and determine what you were doing just before he acted up. All behaviors happen for a reason!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 12:49 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Yeah, it might be a phase. I went through a couple weeks of poor naps and therefore poor behavior and then like magic it reverted back to her good girl self. Good luck!!
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 7:57 AM on May. 23, 2009

• welcome to the terrible 2's!!!!!!! aren't they grand? j/k... no it really does sound to me like it might be the start of the TT's!!!! tough through it mom it does get better:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:43 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Could be those banana pills you are feeding him.
    Anonymous

• Funny...but he wasnt eating them..he wanted to but I didnt let him.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:08 PM on May. 23, 2009