my 10 month old has started crying a lot at night...?

my 10 month old has a very routine bedtime, however, the last few nights about an hr after i put her to bed, she starts screaming and crying. i tuck her in again, give her binky, turn on music, and repeat this periodically. however, she continues to cry for a long time up to 2-3 hrs. what do i do? any ideas on what is causing this?

raineslibramom

Asked by raineslibramom at 11:17 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be teething. It could be separation anxiety. How is she during her naptime? My son cried a lot during naptime/bedtime when he had ear infection. You might want to get her ears checked out to rule out ear infections. Laying down during ear infection only causes/increases discomfort. He was, otherwise, fine... just slightly crabby (which I assumed was teething) but cried non-stop during bedtimes, and woke up frequently.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:46 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Crying for hours is not a good thing. You need to help her get to sleep again. Is she is pain? Teething? Growing pains? Is she scared? Hungry?
    LeoneLover13

Answer by LeoneLover13 at 9:30 AM on May. 23, 2009

• the first thing that came to mind was teething also.
    mommyinsep2008

Answer by mommyinsep2008 at 1:12 PM on May. 23, 2009