• In the Spotlight:

How can I have fun?

I have had such a stressed out week! I need to do something inexpensive and fun... I want to go out and do something fun... but I don't have a baby sitter. Any suggestions?

(I'm a single mom of a 7 month old- I can take her with me :)

tbear2008

Asked by tbear2008 at 11:20 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take her with you to the matinee. Usually the theatre is pretty empty and they get awstruck by the big "tv". Of course I am perfectly comfortable taking my baby to the movies and each time I have taken her she was quieter than the adults who were shooting me dirty looks.
    MILFInProgress

Answer by MILFInProgress at 11:27 PM on May. 22, 2009

• bring ear plugs if you do take her, movies can get pretty loud, I like just going to the park and having a picinic with my LO,
    Anonymous

• Just do whatever the heck it is that you enjoy, whether that would be a walk in the park, or window-shopping at the local mall. What I'd do, however, is find a huge, old blanket and pack that along with some pinic (I might've spelt that word wrong) and some little toys, bubble mix and wand, a rubber ball to toss around, and hit the local park with the little one for a nice stroll and mid-afternoon meal under the sun. If it's not that nice out, and your daughter is cooperative at restaurants, maybe you could head to the local family diner/coney island with a girlfriend and catch up. My son usually behaves like an angel when he is at a restaurant, and eats up the attention he gets from the waitresses and everyone else. Annnnd I get to catch up with my friends. It's win-win.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:53 PM on May. 22, 2009

• We took our son to our local lake and fed the ducks! He was only 3 months so he didn't really care to much but your 7 month old just might! :) Good luck hope you have fun whatever you do!! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:43 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Strap on your baby, and go for a walk, go to a museum, go to a coffee shop, go to a park, just get out of the house and go!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:12 PM on May. 23, 2009