Has this happened to any one?

Ive been taking birth control (YAZ) for 3 months. i had last period was weird, and this month i missed my period. Ive takin 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. i also just had my son 4 1/2 months ago. has this happened to anyone and is there a chance that i am pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Health

• talk to your dr. thats all the advice i got. sorry
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:32 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Are you nursing? That can make your period irregular... in fact, I didn't get mine at all until I started weaning her when she was 11 months.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:38 PM on May. 22, 2009

• Yes, with Yaz you could have no period or one so light that there is blood only when you wipe. This happened the first 6 months or so that I started Yaz. I now get my period every month but it is very light and I like it that way. Yaz is a different type of hormone than other birth control pills. Your body needs time to readjust from the birth and being on birth control. My doc told me to give it 4-6 months before I decided to change types. I really like Yaz and have no other issues than my body getting used to them in the beginning.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i was recently taken off yaz i was on it for a year and than i did not have a period for 4 mon. went to the doctors and i was not pregnant so she switched my birthcontrol and sure enough the end of this month i started.She said that sometimes birth control does that i ahve never had that problem before only when being on yaz,you may just have to switch your birth control.Good luck!!
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 10:22 AM on May. 24, 2009