Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cant stand ss

i can not stand my ss he is here 3 days a week and spends the night on fridays. i usually have to work when he is here but even if i have to spend a couple of hrs with him i want to leave the house. his son is a huge brat. all he has to do is wine and he gets his way he is 5 and constantly throws temper tantrums and wines like a little baby my son is 3 and dosent act like that. i have tried to talk to him about it but he just writes it off as i hate his son which i dont i just can not stand his attitude. my bf loves my son and treats him great we have a dd together thats due in aug so i want this to work we have been together 2 yrs and it worries me he is going to turn our daughter into a brat like his son is. i want us to work but i dont want to be the evil step mom either i have tried to talk to his son help him work through his anger but i always end up being the bad person so now i ignore him. what should i do?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • hahaha Anon 11:52 is a bitch and is obviously clueless. I can totally relate to you. You aren't immature. At all. I know what you're going through and it is hard. Hang in there though and just hope that things get better. This is the life you chose :o)

    Answer by ABryn1011 at 11:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • You are obviously jealous of another woman's child and the connection he has with his dad and not you. He is not your step son if the man you are with is just a bf. You should very immature. Grow up.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • I think you need to have a talk with your bf. You both need to be consistant with your parenting. Don't let him get away with the whining, it will just get worse as he gets older.

    Answer by sadira29 at 11:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

  • You and your so really need to sit down and talk about this issue. The child needs to have consistant rules/guidance/discipline -at your house as well as at his moms. I really think you, so and the child should seek family counseling immediately. The therapist can help the child as well as give you and the dad ways to deal with the child's behaviors. I wish you the best of luck.

    Answer by MizLee at 12:07 AM on May. 23, 2009