what do you give your kids to eat when they have a cold?

ok so I've been trying to get my son to eat dinner for several hours now, seriously. He has a cough and a little bit of congestion and he's really tired right now because he woke up early from his nap. He goes from laying down and saying he wants to go night night to running around the house. Anyways all he wants right now are sweets, like ice cream. I rarely give him things like that but he had some yesterday and right now thats all he wants. I don't even have it in the house, but if I did I don't think I would giv eit to him. So, I made him a PB sandwhich with some fruit and he doesn't want to eat it. He usually like noodles too and he wouldn't eat them for lunch today. So I'm sure he doesn't have an appetite, but he needs to eat something right? What would you do?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:49 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Chicken noodle soup, my son loves the warm noodles when he's sick and I put the remaining broth in his sippy cup. It really helps them to keep food and liquid in their bodies. Don't give him any milk because milk makes it worse, keep giving him the warm broth. If he doesn't want to eat keep fluids in his system, that is what I was told for my daughter when she wouldn't eat when she was sick, but she would drink the broth. Try that!! Hope this helps.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 11:52 PM on May. 22, 2009

• thats funny. I just called my mom and she said to try chicken noodle or something cold if thats what he was craving. So I made some chicken noodle and he reluctantly had one sip and said "too hot" so I don't know. so far he doesn't want it :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:07 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Is it just a cold or does he have a fever? Chicken noodle soup is probably the best thing in the world for either. You can also try boost or ensure if it's just a cold.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:10 AM on May. 23, 2009

• no fever, just a cold
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:35 AM on May. 23, 2009

• oh and he wouldn't go for the soup. I gave him a fruit smoothie and peanut butter apple and he's eating that.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:36 AM on May. 23, 2009