What's the most successful diet you've ever tried?

How much weight did you lose? And how long did you stick with it? Anyone ever try Alli?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Anyway..I lost a lot of weight when I worked for my uncle delivering auto parts. I walked all day from 7:30 in the morning until 5:00 p.m.. I lost a total of 50lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I started the South Beach "diet" almost 6 weeks ago. I did it to get my blood sugars under control. My doctor approved it but warned me that many people are not willing to stick with it because it's so strict during Phase 1. I was determined to stick with it. My blood sugars slowly went from 344 fasting that first morning to readings that are just above normal now. A side benefit is that I've lost 10 lbs. and 7 1/2 inches from my waist! I was laid up for 3 weeks with an ankle injury but now that it's better I hope to be exercising more and lose more weight! I'm going to stick with it for the rest of my life if I have to.

The SB diet has 3 Phases: Phase 1 involves cutting out most carb foods while still eating healthy and enough to stay full, lasts 2 weeks. Phase 2 introduces healthy carb foods back into your diet, lasts until you have reached your weight goal. Phase 3 is to maintain your weight, lasts indefinitely.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:17 AM on May. 23, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Weight Watchers, lost over 10 lbs in the first month. Also, stopped drinking ALL soda and stopped eating fast food and lost about 30 lbs. I went through caffiene withdrawl but the headaches were worth losing 30 lbs. I would have lost more but I didn't exercise.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on May. 23, 2009

• atkins worked for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 AM on May. 24, 2009

• isagenix. average weight loss for the 9 day cleanse is 7 pounds. let me know if you want more info
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 2:25 PM on May. 24, 2009