I am 4 months pregnant and can't wait to fix up the nursery :) I already painted. Should I start buying furniture and toys?

It seems so empty without any baby things. Is it too early?
I want to buy a bassinet, swings. also diapers lotions etc. should I ?

BkMommy2be

Asked by BkMommy2be at 11:49 PM on May. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No it is never to early to start buying things for the new comer espcially diapers you can never have to many of them. I am only two months and I am already shopping I just buy neutral colors and I have my crib already picked out should be getting it here real soon. It will be eaiser to shop for you when you have the baby shower to cause you can let people know what you already have and what you need.
    armymom_10

Answer by armymom_10 at 1:48 AM on May. 23, 2009

• YEAH I WOULD... :) I know what you mean im only 2 months and I have an empty room too haha

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:54 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I wait until I'm 7 months pregnant then I shop I know to many people who miss at 5 & 6 months
    Anonymous

• Have you found out what you are having yet? I am thinking you have if your 4 months along.

I don't think its too early. I mean you can buy somethings now and some things later even. Do what you want to do. Just don't overdo yourself and make yourself exhausted.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 11:55 PM on May. 22, 2009

• OOOOO and if you plan on having a baby shower I would wait on some of the things to buy because you can put them on your baby registry and maybe you will get lucky enough that someone will buy them for you :)
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 11:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

• I did start buying that early. A little at a time is not so overwhelming then all at once! That stuff adds up. Also if you start now you can buy second hand cause you have enough time to wait it out and get matching sets. I got the whole eddie bauer oak set (swing, bassinet, crib, high chair) second hand but for 150.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:56 PM on May. 22, 2009

• its a great idea to start buying- that way if u get a piece here and a piece there its better than having to pay all that money at once- i have been getting stuff since i found out the sex (a boy lol) at 5 months started with an outfit here and there and now here i am 33 weeks and i have almost everything- all i need is the carseat the stroller and a mattress for his crib- then im done!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:41 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I would TOTALLY start buying things if you really want to. just make sure its unisex colors if you don't know the gender yet!

Congrats!
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 12:57 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I started buying things in March.
    when i was 5-6 months.
    But anytime works really.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:19 AM on May. 23, 2009

• It's not too early at all! In fact, I think it's smart to shop for things early in case you have complications later in the pregnancy. I was on bedrest for my final 3 weeks and had to send my husband out to buy the stroller and carseat because we didn't have them yet. I'm glad we had everything else because it would have been so overwhelming had we waited.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 1:21 AM on May. 23, 2009