pre k

there is a pre k program here that accomaidates 3 and 4 yr olds but i am worried that if he is in the same program for 2 yrs he will get bored and not like school. i dont want him to have a negative out look on school before it ever really begins. i know how beneficial it is and out would be great for him to go but 2 yrs of the same thing idk what do u think?

monroemommyof2

Asked by monroemommyof2 at 12:04 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think he will be OK. I am putting my three kids through a 2-eay pre-K school and they are loving it. The activities vary, they have made great friends and love their teachers. It is only a part-time program though, and a parent co-op............ Love it................
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 12:08 AM on May. 23, 2009

• My son was in the Pre-K program for 3 years and had a ball all 3 years. Mostly it is for the social interaction anyways.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:06 AM on May. 23, 2009

• The preschool that my DD will be in starts out at 3 years and goes to 5 year . It is basically for social interaction but they also do simple learning for the 3 year olds like numbers and shapes which my DD already knows but she will go anyway .
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:42 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Does the school have the 3 and 4 year olds in the same room or in different classes? If they are in different classes, then they will be doing different things each year. That's how all the preschools I looked into for my daughter worked.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:04 PM on May. 23, 2009

• I don't think he will get bored. It's mainly for social interaction. I visited the preschool that my ds is supposed to attend next year and I personally thought it was a joke. Since I'm a SAHM I wasn't going to pay for him to play. It's 2 hours a day and all they did was play and have snacks. The most constructive thing they did was a craft project with glue and glitter. I decided I will homeschool him next year and I'll have him do sports at the Y for social interaction.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:34 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Oh yeah. It was for ages 3-5 and they were all in the same class.
    sadira29

• our school offers prek4 only. She'll go next year. I have put my 3 yo in a three day a week 6 hour program to get her use to it. My son started developemental preschool at 3 and did it for 3 years. He never got bored.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:02 PM on May. 23, 2009

• In my state they only have PreK for 4's. My son attended and learned nothing. He was already doing the whole curriculum before he started. We work with him at home. The only benefit was it was the 'free daycare' concept. If you child is not in a daycare type situation and you don't need the 'free daycare' I would recommend waiting until age 4 only to prepare him for all day kindergarten the next year. If he is not already in any program he will at least learn the concepts of classroom rules and structures.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:25 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I think he will like it, the second year there will be different kids because he will be the older one and there will be new three year old kids there.
    kimberly197830

Answer by kimberly197830 at 10:06 AM on May. 25, 2009