Why do you ask or respond to questions anonymously?

I am just curious as to why people ask and respond to questions anonymously. Is it because you are embarrased by your question or answer? Are you trying to start drama and get people going? Is it something else?

Babydoll1015

Asked by Babydoll1015 at 12:10 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i never ask/respond anonymously, unless its an extremely embarrassing subject. i try not to say things that rile people up, and when its something that i can empathize with, i want the person (op) to know that other people have been there too, so they don't feel alone, kwim? its just not the same when its anonymous just saying "me too."
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:11 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Because theres a option for it why do people on here always ask this for?? who cares
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 23, 2009

• because people like to send hate mail to those that disagree or try to voice there opinion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 23, 2009

• That is an option to be used so it is not illegal to do so!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I feel the same as you IIankey!
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:16 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I never said it was illegal to do so. It's just a question.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:17 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Illegal. lol.

I only answer anonymously if it's of a personal nature.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:19 AM on May. 23, 2009

• You obviously haven't had some know it all mom on here tell you that you are wrong for giving an answer that they do not agree with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I answer anon when I don't feel like letting anyone know who I am. not for any other reason. If I don't like something on here I don't bother with it. If there's something that gets me riled up (like the misconceptions Americans have about Canadian medicare) then I speak out as who I am.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 12:20 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Canadian healthcare sucks, just ask any of them that have to wait for weeks to see a doctor!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 23, 2009