Tempature?? ... need advice...

Well i just took my seven week old ( almost eight weeks ) daughters temp. rectally && it read 99.6 -

Im going to check it in an hour to see if it went down or got higher at all...

She is eating fine, she is fighting sleep but is just really over tired because she was at my boyfriends moms house and she woke her up... ( yeh i know, idiot ).... She did have a kinda runny stool earlier, nothing major though... still had thickness to it... She is alert, just very tired. -

So i have a couple questions...

1. Do you think this is something to call her pedi about? ....
2. I dont have any baby tylenol, but How young can you give "baby tylenol"?....
&& 3. do you think she is in danger??....

Thanks,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 99.6 rectal is a PERFECT temp. It's exactly what it should be. anything from 98.6-99.9 rectal temp is normal.
    So she is just fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:14 AM on May. 23, 2009

• She's normal anything below that is bad and anything above 103 is when you start checking it every 30 mins. She's fine, I only know this because I was on here over a year ago asking the same thing about my son, and I took him to the hospital and they kind of smiled and said he was fine and told me the temps that are normal.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:21 AM on May. 23, 2009

• She's fine.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:58 AM on May. 23, 2009

• At my sons 1 week check up I asked what is considered to be fever in a very young baby and she told me that a rectal temperature over 100.4 was reason to call/come in. 99.6 is just fine.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 8:48 AM on May. 23, 2009