What exactly is implantation bleeding????

My long term bf and I had unprotected sex about 2 weeks ago. Last wkend I had brown and pink spotting when I wiped(not enough to wear a pad). Other than being tired and a little sensitive to smells, I don't feel pregnant. I was supposed to start my period today, but nothing. I have heard about implantation bleeding recently. Not sure, does it sound like I could be pregnant, or am I overreacting?

belladonna29

Asked by belladonna29 at 12:12 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like you might be. in the average woman, 2 weeks ago would've been ovulation time (ish) but then you had light spotting a week later? usually (i would think, i don't know for sure) that implantation bleeding would happen within a few days of conception.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:16 AM on May. 23, 2009

• You could absolutely be pregnant. Take a test and repeat it in a few days if it says you are not pregnant. Implantation bleeding is when the egg buries itself into your endometrial lining in your uterus. A little bit of blood is shed. Nothing to worry about. Not everyone gets it. I did. The egg needs a strong attachment to your uterine wall for blood supply and so that it is not expelled. If you are pregnant, get some pregnancy books so you can learn more.
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 12:17 AM on May. 23, 2009