My baby is 3 months now but I still look about 5 months pregnant. Please help!

I became pregnant through ivf treatment. I got lucky at the first try. The side effect however, was considerable weight gain. My preggo belly was noticeable even in the first trimester. I used to be a slim and petite person before pregnancy but in the last trimester, I was huge! Anyway, I had a c-section and my baby (full-term and normal size) is now three months. I have lost some weight since her birth but the problem is, I still look about 5 months pregnant! I can't seem to get rid of the tummy! I started working out 6 weeks after my child's birth, I'm doing cardio and pilates.....still no luck.

I'm wondering whether anyone in this group has experienced what I am experiencing right now. Is it the hormone injections from the IVF procedure or the c-section or both, that have made me gain so much weight? I would really appreciate help from anyone who's been in my situation! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Stop eating.
    KelliBelly86

Answer by KelliBelly86 at 12:20 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Welcome to the club, Hon. It will get a little better in time, so hang in there....I have had three kids and look 4 months pregnant still, and my youngest is 13 months old...............It sucks, but hey, without a tummy tuck there is not much you can do. You can try diet and excercise, but there has been so much tissue around your waist, a little is bound to be left behind..........Just cover it up and enjoy your baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MomAgainAgain

Answer by MomAgainAgain at 12:20 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i didnt have ivf, but i did have a c-section and the recovery was a bitch. it takes so much longer than anyone can imagine...your body is repairing itself from the inside out. the incision healing is just the beginning, but just give it some time. my son will be 2 in june and im finally 9 pounds lighter than i was when i got pregnant, which is just a huge accomplishment for me. i gained 80lbs. when i was prego. i think the best advice i can give you is, be comfortable with yourself no matter what you look like. learn to love your new mommy body and you will be able to relieve some of the pressure you probably dont even know you are putting on yourself. flaunt your stuff at home with your SO...
    my sisters friend told me it was impossible to get rid of the c-section pouch and im damn proud to say, i somehow managed to do it. if i could, you definitely can!!!
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:35 AM on May. 23, 2009

• and dont stop eating...eventually you will have to eat again! use portion control and do not deprive yourself of anything. you can eat fries, icecream, and pizza and still lose weight. but eat one scoop, 5 fries, or one piece. i dont diet and didnt start working out til about 10 lbs. ago. and i still lost.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:39 AM on May. 23, 2009

• In order to get and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on May. 23, 2009