birth control or tying the tubes

I am a 24 year old mother of 3, I don't want any ANY more children ( my husband has 2 other by his x so i'm covered in children! ) but i'm scared to get my tubes tied because of the pain... should i just get over it and do it? I've been on the depo shot and all of a sudden 25 pounds later i should probly come up with a better b.c - I CAN"T KEEP UP WITH THE PILL, thats how i got prego my 3rd time! can someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so confused

tonipaffel

Asked by tonipaffel at 12:20 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well since you gave your hubby 3 babies and his x gave him 2 make him get snipped and go through some pain. You've been through enough now it's his turn, that's what were doing, I'm not going through more pain!! You just sit back and relax let his area be swollen for awhile. Plus it's easier and cheaper than getting your tubes tide!! Go make him do it!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 12:24 AM on May. 23, 2009

• i wish it was that easy, my husband won't - so many guys have tried to tell him its ok but when he gets that idea in his head about the whole little insision, he freaks - i don't think i could even get him drunk enough to consider it lol
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 12:39 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I've had a tubal and it really wasn't painful. It is under a general anasthetic, but most times it is done laprascopically, so it's day surgery. Three or four little pokes that maybe need one or two stitches. I actually had to be opened up along my c/s scar because of scarring and adhesions from my c/s (it was 6 months earlier), but even with that I was home the next day and fully recovered within a week or two.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:56 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Im pregnat with #3 (Im 26) and Im definately done after this one? Have you heard of essure? (essure.com) Im getting this procedure done 6 weeks after I deliver. No surgery whatsoever!!! Plus they even check to see if the procedure worked at your check up appt...tubal ligation doesnt have this option. Check it out!! :-)
    Bella05

Answer by Bella05 at 7:46 PM on May. 23, 2009