Just an observation...

I have noticed SO many parents on Cafemom who have children with Autism, and many other problems, including death. I cry when I read these stories, it gets to me SO bad, my heart actually hurts for these babies and their parents. Why are our children SO sick? It's just not right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mamastheword: "what is being said on your side of the argument is not based on scientific study and evidence of causation."

Pharmaceutical companies, FDA...One MAKES the vaccine, and the other APPROVES it, they BOTH make BIG BUCKS from it. You believe what they say??? "Our side", as you put it, does NOT profit, however, what we do have to gain is...the lives of many children/adults. You think about that the next time YOU INJECT YOUR child with TOXIC POISONS. And yes, you do inject your child...you're just not holdng the needle.
    Its.Me.Again

Answer by Its.Me.Again at 1:33 PM on May. 25, 2009

• thats a really deep question. I don't know why it happens to some people and not others, thats only for God to answer. But I do know that it happens because there is sin in the world and sin equals death. My heart breaks for those who have lost something as well and I know that whenever I struggle with a loss that I eve have saome friends like you whohave compassion and sympathy for me and it always helps encourage and strengthen me to have people grieve with me during those times.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:41 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Sin does not equl death. I'm sorry but a 1 day old baby did not sin and God does not make people die because we sinned. I know it's cliche but I really believe that if we had no suffering we would not know joy.

I think that there are so many more sick babies on CafeMom because we can come here for support and advice. So you might have more posts about my baby has this ---- instead of my baby is so healthy.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:57 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Honestly, I think it's not that *more* babies are sick, but that you're just hearing more about them. Fifty years ago, there was no internet. People were pretty much isolated to their towns and surrounding areas (most people, anyway). There were probably a lot of sick babies then too, but people couldn't talk to other people all over the world about it.

It is really sad. Try not to let it get you down. Sometimes things happen that aren't in the natural order of things, it's just not fair.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:13 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Autism is not a sickness. It is a genetic defect. Sorry but when people call autism a sickness it gets to me. I am not sick.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:05 AM on May. 23, 2009

• With all due respect to Precious333, I disagree. There is sickness and death in the world because those things are part of the cycle of life. Every living thing dies. We are all dying from the moment we take our first breath. Some will be here for many, many years, and some will die young. Living a long time is no more of an indication of "favor" from God than dying young is an indication of sin or wrongdoing. I had an early miscarriage about two months before I got pregnant with my beautiful, healthy son. I will never know exactly why the first pregnancy didn't take, but I know that the miscarriage was simply Mother Nature telling us that the fetus was not healthy and could not have survived. God was not punishing us for our sins--or anyone else's.

And to purpleducky's point, Autism isn't a disease. Chances are that we hear more about autism because it's better diagnosed these days.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 11:46 AM on May. 23, 2009

• No, it's not a "genetic defect". Autism is called Autism, because they didn't know what else to call it, you can believe that "genetic defect" crap all you want to...Autism, is caused by shit being injected into your veins, blood stream, or your mothers veins while pregnant....(vaccines). Isn't it amazing how the pharmaceutical companies poison us, all in the name of profit, and then blame us if we end up damaged, or dead....'It wasn't all the toxins in our vaccines, those people were just predisposed to it, their "genes" caused all this.' Girl, go do some research, and clean your body out.
    Its.Me.Again

Answer by Its.Me.Again at 11:48 AM on May. 23, 2009

• I's.Me.Again,

I think it's you who needs to go do some research--and this time, try focusing on what scientists and the medical community have to say. The science/medical community does not know exactly what causes autism, but there appear to be both genetic factors and potentially other factors that can trigger the genetic predisposition. No one has been able to rule out that environmental factors may play a part, but no has proven them to be the cause, either. So until you can cite some actual credible, solid evidence of the claims you're making, you're out of line telling someone with autism what she needs to go do to "cure" it.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 11:53 AM on May. 23, 2009

• Moonlover06
    I did not say that a one day old baby sinned. We all die someday and thats because this world is NOT perfect and has sin in it and the consequence of sin is death. So from my point of view as a Christain is that from the moment Adam and Eve disobeyed God sin enter the world. Vut even if you are not a Christain you have to acknowledge that our world is not perfect, no one in it is perfect and there is a lot of evil things in it, one if it being death.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:07 PM on May. 23, 2009

• Go look at my profile, read all of it, journal and comments...YOU research, both sides. I have done plenty of research. You keep listening to the "scientists, and the medical community", all you want to...Go and research all the toxins in vaccines, and look at the damage it can do to your body. Go back in history, you will see, if you do not...you're blind. And by the way, there are "credible" doctors out there speaking out against vaccines. Also, did you know that Fluoride can cause miscarriages? YOU go do the RESEARCH.
    Its.Me.Again

Answer by Its.Me.Again at 12:11 PM on May. 23, 2009